Baked Banana French Toast Cups
1 small loaf french bread
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large banana
6 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter
- Coat six 4 oz. ramekins with non-stick spray.
- Cut french bread into 18 slices. Cut them about 1/2 – 3/4 inch thick. Make sure three will fit in each dish easily.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until blended.
- Place sliced bread in bowl to coat.
- Place three slices of bread into each dish.
- Cut banana into 12 or more slices. Coat slices with mixture and then dip coated bananas in 2 tablespoons brown sugar and stuff in between bread.
- Transfer dishes to a baking sheet. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
- When you are ready to bake, mix together remaining 4 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 tablespoon butter and sprinkle over bread.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Enjoy warm with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
- Makes six