1 package yellow cake mix
1 3.5oz package instant lemon pudding mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
grated zest of 1/2-1 lemon
1 tbsp butter (vegetable oil can be substituted)
2-3 tbsp milk
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, and oil in an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, making sure to incoperate completely each time.
- Pour batter into lined muffin tin, half way up each cup.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until bouncy to the touch.
- Let them cool for a minute or 2, and while they are still hot turn onto a tea towel.
- To make the glaze, in a medium bowl add sugar, lemon juice, zest and oil, combine well. Add milk 1 tbsp at a time until reaching the desired consistency for dipping.
- With your fingers, dip the cupcakes into the glaze while they are still warm, covering the entire top of cupcake. Place on wire racks with wax paper underneath to catch any glaze that may drip. Let the glaze set (for about an hour) before storing in air-tight containers.
(via Pretty in Pink Sweets: lemon)