Hot Fudge Sundae Cupcakes in a Jar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee
- 1 batch homemade buttercream frosting OR Frozen Whipped Topping
- Hot fudge sauce
- 5 large cherries
- 5 8-ounce Ball Jars
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Place 5 jars on a cookie sheet with space between each one and place a cupcake liner in each one.
2. Use a hand mixer to cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix well. Then, add the vanilla, cocoa, baking soda, and salt and mix everything well. Add the flour and the yogurt in two parts until smooth. Carefully stir in the coffee and stir the mixture until smooth.
3. Pour the batter into the jar until they are each about 2/3 rds full and bake them for 25 minutes, or until their tops are firm to the touch.
4. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely. Place the buttercream frosting in a pastry bag or a Ziploc bag with the corner snipped off. Twirl a large dollop of frosting on each cupcake to make it look like whipped cream. Top them with some sprinkles, a drizzle of hot fudge sauce and a cherry on top!